Re: Vocal scores with extra staves

From: Andrew Bromage
Subject: Re: Vocal scores with extra staves
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 13:41:43 +1100

On 28/2/17 1:21 pm, David Wright wrote:
Well I'm looking at the finale of Pinafore¹ (I picked p99/108 at random
and hit the spot!) and I don't see staves starting and stopping mid-page.
No, what I mean is the solution of using different staves and just eliminating
ones that have nothing.

I see an example of almost precisely my situation at the top of page 102.

On page 101, you have one staff alternating between male chorus and a
soloist. At the start of page 102 the tenors and basses are divided onto
separate staves.

In the first bar on page 102, the bass voices are in the top staff at the
start of the bar and the bottom staff at the end of the bar.
¹IMSLP17191-Sullivan-HMSPinaforeVS.mtz.pdf
Andrew Bromage