Re: help on note head, thanks

From: Jinsong Zhao
Subject: Re: help on note head, thanks
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 10:48:57 +0800

On 2017/3/3 10:35, Jeffery Shivers wrote:
On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Jinsong Zhao <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there,

In a violin score, I saw something similar to the following code, but the
second voice b4 was displayed as a triangle.

Do you have a screenshot or small image you could attach which shows
the notehead you want? Was it definitely a triangle, by the way? Not a
diamond?

I don't know that I could post image into a mailing list. Please find the attached small screenshot.

In fact, I don't know whether it was a note or not.

Is what you're looking for here?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/note-heads

I can not recognize it, and
don't know how to input it into lilypond. Any help? Thanks in advance.

\relative c' {
  \key g \major
  << {dis16 [fis b, ais]} \\  {s \omit Stem b4} >>
}

This is a better version of your snippet, by the way.

== snip
\relative c' {
  \key g \major
  <<
    {dis16[ fis b, ais]}
  \\
    {s16 \omit Stem \omit Flag b16 s8}

}
== snip

Beams are started/stopped *post-note*, meaning the syntax is like: c[ c]

Thanks a lot for the snippet.

Best,
Jinsong

Best,