Re: Gracenote in volta alternative breaks autobeaming

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Gracenote in volta alternative breaks autobeaming
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 13:23:34 +0100

Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3 March 2017 at 11:53, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sven,
>>
>> Graces are a bit subtle. Try this:
>>
>> \version "2.19.56"
>>
>> \relative c'' {
>>   \repeat volta 2 {
>>     c8. c16 c4 c2 |
>>   }
>>   \alternative {
>>     { \grace { c32 } c8. c16 c4 c2 | }
>>     { \grace { s32 } c8. c16 c4 c2 | }
>>   }
>>   c8. c16 c4 c2 |
>> }
>>

> Ah, yes. I remember having to do that in multipart music, but not in
> alternatives. Is that something that have changed?

Quite likely, yes.  There was work for resetting the bar position to the
previous value for each alternative in 2.19, courtesy yours truly.  It
would appear that I did not anticipate this kind of foreshortening.
File a bug for this: it's different from the infamous issue 34 (even
though the workaround looks identical) and should be fixable much more
gracefully.

--
David Kastrup