Re: help on note head, thanks

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: help on note head, thanks
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 10:49:07 -0500

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:14 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jinsong Zhao <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I guess that this is a beginner's book and this indicates fingering the
>>> B3 in advance simultaneously with the F4♯ by pressing down on both with
>>> your middle finger.
>>>

>> Yes, it's a score from a beginner's book. Thanks you very much for the
>> explanation. Now, the question. How to typeset it in lilypond to get
>> the same output?
>
> This particular instance can be fudged using
>

> This uses a visual whole note (to have the Stem omitted) with a duration
> scaled to zero and in palmMute NoteHead style.  Ugly (and the Midi will
> likely be unusable), but it should get the ledger line printed and the
> position indicated correctly.

Alternatively, something like:

== snip

specialNote = {
  \once \omit Stem
  \once \omit Flag
  \once \override NoteHead.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \once \override NoteHead.text =
    \markup
    \concat {
      % adjust these as needed
        \with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 0)
        \translate-scaled #'(-0.5 . 0)
        \hspace #-.25
      % replace `noteheads.s1sol` with whatever you need[1]
        \musicglyph #"noteheads.s1sol"

mus = {
  <<
    { dis'16[
      fis' b ais] }
    \\
    { s16
      \specialNote b16 s16 s16 }

}

\score {
  \mus
}

== snip

[1] find a full list of available glyphs in "ps/encodingdefs.ps". Idk
if there is a test that engraves all of those or not, so you may be on
your own in terms of actually finding what you need in there.

--

Jeffery Shivers
 jefferyshivers.com