Re: help on note head, thanks

From: Jinsong Zhao
Subject: Re: help on note head, thanks
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 10:32:30 +0800

On 2017/3/3 23:14, David Kastrup wrote:

[snipped]

I guess that this is a beginner's book and this indicates fingering the
B3 in advance simultaneously with the F4♯ by pressing down on both with
your middle finger.

Yes, it's a score from a beginner's book. Thanks you very much for the
explanation. Now, the question. How to typeset it in lilypond to get
the same output?
This particular instance can be fudged using

tri.ly

\relative c' {
  \key g \major
  dis16[
    << fis
       \new Voice \with \voiceTwo \palmMute b,1*0

    b16 ais]
}

This uses a visual whole note (to have the Stem omitted) with a duration
scaled to zero and in palmMute NoteHead style.  Ugly (and the Midi will
likely be unusable), but it should get the ledger line printed and the
position indicated correctly.

Thank you very much for the solution. It displayed exactly as the image.

A smoother replacement would likely be a pitched rest (also gets the
ledger line and position as needed) with the stencil replaced by the
triangle.  That would be fine for Midi and also a better semantic match.
But more work.  Takers?

I don't find a way to using a rest stencil in the place with ledger line printed. The following code just use the default rest stencil, but without a ledger line printed.

 \relative c' {
   \key g \major
   dis16[
     << fis