?Changes to structure of latest pdf manuals

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: ?Changes to structure of latest pdf manuals
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 11:05:27 -0000

Having just download the pdf manuals for  \version "2.19.56" I have noticed a change to the output of “Advanced Search”.

Previuosly (at least up to \version "2.19.22") the advanced search facility in Adobe would

  1. search all pdf files in a given directory
  2. search the entire contents of all the target files
  3. display the name of the pdf being searched as matches are found.

Now however the searches are confined to the index and the displayed name is “untitled

Is this worth correcting – I think it helps to see the file names….