Re: \consists style question

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \consists style question
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 09:40:13 -0500

Hi Jacques,

> In the snippet below, two identical scores are produced using different
> coding styles as to where the \consists commands are placed.
> Is one of the latter to be preferred?

I don’t know if there’s a general preference, and certainly in this case it
doesn’t matter.

However… If you later add a second Staff to the score, in the first example it
will NOT include the engraver, and in the second it will. I therefore tend to
use the first coding style for “special” tweaks (that would not be desireable
in a “default” version of that context), and the second coding style for
“default” tweaks (that *would* be desireable in the default version of that
context).

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer