Re: Crescendo in the first beat misaligned to the others

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Crescendo in the first beat misaligned to the others
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 11:20:28 -0500

Hi Son,

> I've tried to make a minimum exaple:

There are many ways this isn’t minimal… not the least of which is you don’t
need a midi block. ;)

In any case…

> I cant't obtain in the pdf output the other crescendo and diminuendo,
> (maybe Someone said "I will put enmity between you and Lylypond"); that
> should show the vertical misalignment I was talking of…

Read the log output: you need to terminate the last diminuendo:

 \clef "treble" \key es \major \time 2/2 | % 1
 \tempo "Adagio"
 g2 \p \< g4 \! g4 | % 2
 bes2 \> bes2 | % 3
 es,2 \! \< es4 f4 | % 4
 g2 \! \> f2\! \breathe \bar "|.”

I’ve also corrected your “Adagio” marking into a MetronomeMark, as you probably
want it to be.

Hope this helps,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer