Re: Determine the page position of a system

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Determine the page position of a system
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 12:11:12 +0100

Hi David,

Am 08.03.2017 um 10:55 schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Am 08.03.2017 um 10:36 schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,

I'd be interested in knowing the exact position of all systems in a
score. What I'd like to achieve is write out an auxiliary file
containing information about the musical moment and the vertical
position of each system. I know about the moment but not about the page
position. [1]

The goal is to retrieve the current measure when clicking anywhere in a
score in Frescobaldi. The overall goal is then to be able to sync the
rendered score, the input, and a manuscript displayed in the Manuscript
Viewer, which would be terrific to have.

Which property/ies would I have to read out from which objects at what
time (in which callback)?

Thanks for any suggestions
Have you tried the 'scm or the 'socket backend?
No. Thank you for that suggestion.

On
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage
only the 'scm backend is described, and it may provide what I need.
However, this would require me to compile the score twice and parse the
resulting file. Probably it would be more efficient if I could create an
engraver (?) that collects just the required data and produces the
appropriate output file along with the score.

What is the 'socket backend?

It probably has not seen sufficient love in the last decade or so:
apparently it does not know about "path".

From the output this 'socket would be much more straightforward to use than 'scm, which would be a pain to parse from Python, I think.

I was surprised to find out that apparently there is no way to compile a
single score with multiple backends at the same time: it would seem like
an obvious thing to do.

Indeed, because it would avoid having to *parse* the document twice.

However, Harm's solution looks much more in line with what I need.

Best
Urs

https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org