Re: Fw: Exited with return code -1073741819.

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Fw: Exited with return code -1073741819.
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 08:28:54 -0600

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:10 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:55 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> OK, Seems I fixed it for my system.
>>
>> After I run lilypond with the file in the ordinary windows "Command Prompt,"
>>
>>>lilypond  who-has-promised_test.ly
>>
>> I found the error:
>>
>>>echo %errorlevel%
>> 255
>>
>>>net helpmsg 255
>>
>> The extended attributes are inconsistent.
>>
>> ------
>> Googling this super unhelpful error message leads me here:
>>
>> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-the-extended-attributes-are/bf8dd5dd-c179-4c1f-84f2-9d526a0d4878
>>
>> Do what it says, and *restart*
>>
>> Hope that works for you and others!
>
> Note:  I can't say what the consequences of shutting off UAC are.  If
> there is a better way to get extended privileges for LilyPond, please
> let me know.

Now here's the odd thing.

I decided that shutting UAC off was not a great idea, since it's
protecting me from threats unknown!  So I followed the steps again,
put things back to "Windows Default".  Restarted.  Expected the file
not to compile, but the file (with the one-line-too-many) compiles on
the command line just fine.

I had thought that a better way was to elevate the user privileges of
lilypond.exe, but maybe all it takes to fix the problem is to follow
the solution at the link, then go back to the previous setting?

DN