Using a tick as a bar line and vertically repositioning it

From: Joseph N. Srednicki
Subject: Using a tick as a bar line and vertically repositioning it
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:57:23 -0400

Hello:

Can someone help with an answer that I cannot find by searching the Lilypond documentation?

In some plainsong settings in the Hymnal 1982, a vertical tick represents a bar line.

See the following tiny example.

\version "2.19.54"

\relative c {

  \time 2/4

  c' c \bar"'" |

  c c \bar "|."

}

In this example, the tick appears on the f line about middle c.

How would I code this so that I can vertically position the tick appear in the middle line of the staff and make it bold?

Thanks for your help.

Joe Srednicki