Re: proportional spacing for chords?

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: proportional spacing for chords?
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 07:35:10 -0700 (MST)

Hi Adam,

Adam Spiers-5 wrote
> On 15 March 2017 at 12:28, Simon Albrecht <

> simon.albrecht@

> > wrote:
>> why not put all the music expressions in one score in
>> parallel?
> But please could you give an example of how to do that, bearing in mind
> that
> there are no notes or staves, only chord names?

basically the structure would be like this:

<<
  \new ChordNames { ... }
  \new ChordNames { ... }

But please consider that you will need more horizontal space, because the
different choruses lose their individual spacing. Therefore I reduced the
staff size to prevent an automatic line break.
Nevertheless, having strictly proportional spacing would eat up even more
space.

Different Rehearsal marks at the same time are only possible by moving the
Mark_engraver to the ChordNames context. Instead, I "abused" instrumentName.

Cheers,
Klaus

Blue-Train-chords-parallel.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n201133/Blue-Train-chords-parallel.ly>