Re: tie from measure with one voice to a measure with two voices

From: Juan Cristóbal Cerrillo
Subject: Re: tie from measure with one voice to a measure with two voices
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 18:15:52 -0600

Hello Hwaen,

Thanks for your input.

Yes, your example is simpler, but the problem is I am working on a much more
complex score that requires voices to be created only at specific moments.
Consider the following case. It seems odd to have to specify that a voice is
empty for four measures in order to be able to place the tie correctly (example
1).
I would like to be able to write it as example two, only writing voices when
necessary.

\version "2.18.2"

%example 1
\score {