Re: checking grob type

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: checking grob type
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:15:41 -0500

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Paul <address@hidden> wrote:
> cc'ing lilypond-devel to move discussion there.
>
> On 03/17/2017 09:38 AM, David Nalesnik wrote:
>
>> You can get more info about public functions with the attached file.
>> I was planning on getting documentation into the manuals somehow, but
>> I got hung up with getting the parameters of curried functions.
>

> Hi David,  Thanks for your work on this.  Is there an easy way to just omit
> any curried functions in a first-pass at this?  (I wonder what percentage
> are curried?)

I never found it.

The problem is that a parameter isn't shown:

#(define ((curried arg) grob) '())
#(display curried)

==> #<procedure curried (arg)>

>> Also, of course, publicizing a number of these probably won't do
>> anybody a bit of good.
>

> Maybe we could just have a list of functions to document publicly (or to not
> document)?

I suppose a metric could be usage in the code base, but I'd hate to
get into a function-by-function discussion for the rest!

>> In lieu of actual documentation, I could add a Scheme function?
>

> Seems like actual docs would be better in the long run, but I guess it
> depends on how much they would take to implement.

Yes, real documentation would certainly be best.  Shouldn't have
implied "instead of": I meant in the meantime (and later, in addition)
it would be nice to have a convenience function to return everything
available.  And it would need to be in C++ so it wouldn't need to be
invoked to reveal itself :)

David.