Re: can we pass in header variables as CLI parameters?

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: can we pass in header variables as CLI parameters?
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 23:46:56 -0500

On Fri 17 Mar 2017 at 21:10:29 (+0000), Ian Ring wrote:
> Hi, sorry if this has been asked before...
>
> Is it possible to pass in header variables in via the CLI?
>
> For example, I would like to pass the copyright date in via a parameter,
> instead of it being saved in the .LY file.
>
> This can be done in LaTeX, so I hope there is a way to do something similar
> in lilypond.

I'm not sure why that should be. Anyway, if you put some LP code
into a nonce file and then use:

lilypond -dinclude-settings=nonce-filename LP-source-filename

the nonce file will be interpreted first. So I assume any \header
code will be interpreted at top-level.

AFAICT the nonce file should either be in the working directory
or in an --include directory. If you specify it as a full pathname,
that pathname is checked for existence, but the directories appear
to be stripped off by LP. (That might be the normal behaviour for
\include files.)

Cheers,
David.