Re: addChordShape shape-definition

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: addChordShape shape-definition
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 23:59:44 +0000

On 3/19/17 8:24 AM, "Anders Eriksson" <address@hidden> wrote:

>    I'm trying to create
>        my own predefined chords and I'm wondering about the shape
>        definition
>    In
>        predifined-guitar-freatboards.ly there is this
>    \addChordShape #'f
>        #guitar-tuning #"1-1-(;3-3;3-4;2-2;1-1;1-1-);"
>    This shape-definition
>        doesn't follow the  \fret-diagram definition-string
>specification, and I can't
>            find any specification for the adChordShape
>            shape-definition.

From
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fr
etted-strings#predefined-fret-diagrams

"Like fret diagrams, chord shapes can be entered as either
fret-diagram-terse strings or fret-diagram-verbose marking lists."

From
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fr
etted-strings#fret-diagram-markups

"Details about the syntax of the different markup strings used to define
fret diagrams are found at Instrument Specific Markup
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/instrument-specific-m
arkup>."

From
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/instrument-specific-ma
rkup

Syntax rules for definition-string:

* Strings are terminated by semicolons; the number of semicolons is the
number of strings in the diagram.
* Mute strings are indicated by Œx¹.
* Open strings are indicated by Œo¹.
* A number indicates a fret indication at that fret.
* If there are multiple fret indicators desired on a string, they should
be separated by spaces.
* Fingerings are given by following the fret number with a -, followed by
the finger indicator, e.g. Œ3-2¹ for playing the third fret with the
second finger.
* Where a barre indicator is desired, follow the fret (or fingering)
symbol with -( to start a barre and -) to end the barre.

Used properties:

* thickness (0.5)
* fret-diagram-details
* size (1.0)
* align-dir (-0.4)

In this same reference, there is also a description of
fret-diagram-verbose syntax.

Hope this helps,

Carl