Re: Decrease space between header and staff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Decrease space between header and staff
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:24:48 -0400

Hi Cal,

> I wish I could say it does, but I'm afraid I’m too novice to go on just that.
> I looked at scoreTitleMarkup already, but without any spacing commands in it
> already for me to modify, I'm not really sure what changes to make. I tried
> the naive vspace I mentioned, but it did not work. Could you please point me
> to the place from which scoreTitleMarkup inherits its spacing?

Does this help more?

\version "2.19.54"

\paper {
    ragged-right = ##f
    scoreTitleMarkup = \markup \fontsize #12 \fill-line { "Title" }
    markup-system-spacing =
        #'((basic-distance . 0) ( minimum-distance . 0) (padding . 0)
(stretchability. 0))
}

\new Staff { \clef bass f1 }

As you can see, there is essentially no space between the title and the staff.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info