Re: What can Premusic do that others can't?

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: What can Premusic do that others can't?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:27:11 -0400

On 3/21/17 4:35 AM, Malte Meyn wrote:

Am 21.03.2017 um 06:46 schrieb address@hidden:
A composer who uses an irrational tuplet is a composer who is going out of his
way to exclude his music from comfortable notation.
Oh, I think that these irrational tuplets are comfortable to write easy
to understand if you

Why one calls them 'irrationals'? they are rational number ratios just as any ordinary notation, unless you're referring to a tuplet of π (pi) or log2 3...

They look difficult because we put them in a special "difficult" place. Unlike Carnatic musicians, who just learn rationals and "irrationals" as two categories of the same things since the beginning. Stop that.