Changing system-system-spacing for individual scores

From: Hendrik Fuß
Subject: Changing system-system-spacing for individual scores
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 11:11:41 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to typeset etudes with variations (alternative bowings, articulations etc. for the same music) at the bottom. The variations should be printed in small.

Minimal example:

music = \repeat unfold 32 { c'' d'' e'' f'' }

% Default size
\score {
\music
}

% Small staves for variations
\score {
\layout {
#(layout-set-staff-size 16)
}
\music
}

Problem: I find that the space between systems in the small section is too big.

Changing spacings in the paper block would affect both normal size and small size scores. How can I reduce the system-system-spacing without affecting the normal size layout?

cheers
Hendrik