Re: new to this list - converting from Noteworthy Composer

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: new to this list - converting from Noteworthy Composer
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:14:00 +0100

On 2017-03-22 11:14, address@hidden wrote:
Am 22.03.2017 um 09:52 schrieb Guido van Harten:
Hi,

I think I am new to this list. A few years ago I tried Lilypond to
create my music files. It failed, but I do not remember why.

As of today I will give it a new try. Now I am starting of my current
music notation software, Noteworthy Composer.
I think the converting utility nwc2ly is not part of the lilypond
software, but may be anyone can help me.

I tried to convert a simple music file, created in Noteworthy Composer
2.75, to Lilypond.
Is this forum also for discussing about nwc2ly?

Regards,
Guido
It seems that nwc2ly is rarely discussed here; the last thread is from
2013:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=nwc2ly&submit=Search%21&idxname=lilypond-user&max=20&result=normal&sort=date%3Alate
But I?d give it a try, maybe there are some nwc2ly users out there or
other people can help with more general things.

You could also search the archives for ?noteworthy?; maybe some people
use other ways to convert.
There seems to be a somewhat newer version of the tool available at http://www.holmessoft.co.uk/homepage/software/NWC2LY/index.htm. For the basic music (correct pitches and durations), you could also try exporting to MIDI and then converting to LilyPond using midi2ly, but then you will have to add all slurs, dynamics, ... afterwards. Often it's almost as quick to type it in again from scratch. As has already been mentioned, the Frescobaldi editor helps a lot.

Good luck!

   /Mats