Re: Drawing a contour on a staff

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Drawing a contour on a staff
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 07:32:23 -0700 (MST)

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Barry wrote
> I am setting a large volume of examples by a now-deceased composer,
> some of which use contours as an educational tool

as suggested by caagr98, cluster can be extremely helpful and at the same
time easy to use:

% ---------------------------------------------------
music = \relative c'{ c8 d e g c g e c }

{
  \new Staff
  <<
    \new Voice \music
    \new Voice \makeClusters \music

}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \override ClusterSpanner.color = #red
    \override ClusterSpanner.layer = #-2
    \override ClusterSpanner.X-offset = #0.5
    % \override ClusterSpanner.padding = #0.5

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Klaus