Re: edition-engraver and polymetric music

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: edition-engraver and polymetric music
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 18:12:56 +0100

Hi Kieren,

I didn't do very much polymetric music, but there is some code in the branch "listen-rehearsal-mark". I updated it to the current state of master and you can add mods a moment after a RehearsalMark. IIRC you saw this some time ago and said that you'd prefer a distinct event for the marks.

https://github.com/openlilylib/edition-engraver/blob/listen-rehearsal-mark/example-1.ly#L69

I am currently looking how to define event-classes and music-types (in scheme), so that one can add an edition-mark-event (or the like).

The following are my current thoughts on the edition-engraver:

Attached is another file that might be interesting for you. I created a simple engraver to add tweaks to music-expressions with a distinct ID. The problem is, how to add the IDs automatically so that one can easily address objects.

I am going to add tweaks to the edition-engraver so that one can say: Add the following tweak to the note @time with the following attributes (duration, pitch, event-type).

In my toolbox are methods to batch-enter editionMods. One method is to add one mod - often it is "\break" - to the following positions. ( https://github.com/openlilylib/edition-engraver/blob/master/development-1.ly )

Another one is to add a mod with a parameter in different. For example: Align LyricText at 3 3/4 #LEFT and 5 3/4 #RIGHT. If I have a moment, I will create examples and place them on github.

Cheers
Jan-Peter