A notice about \mark when Mark_engraver is moved

From: 70147persson
Subject: A notice about \mark when Mark_engraver is moved
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:03:27 +0100

Hello all!
I had need of printing marks on several staves, so I moved the Mark_engraver to the Staff context, all according to LilyPond NR, see snippet below. Then I noticed, that I could not control the contents of Rehearsal marks any more, except for the first one. All successors were follow in sequence from the start id just asĀ  were they all defined as \default. Hence the hash mark has no influence contrary to when the Mark_engraver resides in Score. The only possibility to get another id is to define it as a text mark.

In the IR manual they say that the Staff_collecting_engraver must be moved together with the Mark_engraver so I did, but could see no effect from that. I have also tested to move the engraver to the Voice context, but with the the same result.

I am running version 2.18.2, and have not tested any newer version.

This is my example:

\version "2.18.2" A = { \mark #3 a'4 a' | \mark #6 a' a' | \mark \markup "Z" a' \mark \default a' | a' } \score { << \new Staff \with { \consists "Mark_engraver" \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver" } { \time 2/4 \new Voice { \A } } >> \layout { indent = #0 \context { \Score \remove "Mark_engraver" \remove "Staff_collecting_engraver" } } }

Result when Mark_engraver is moved

Any experience?

Kaj