Re: lilybin php script (was: Re: (fwd))

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: lilybin php script (was: Re: (fwd))
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:25:20 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Trevor wrote:

Keep in mind that the pdf and midi files aren't kept on the server for long;
they're deleted, I think, after 24 hours.

That's fine with me. That's why I use the script's -a option. The result will be downloaded immediately.

--

Martin

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 9:56 AM Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:

      > On Wed, 22 Mar 2017, Sven Axelsson wrote:
      >>  You can already do that. just use lilybin -d with a .midi extension
      >>  instead of pdf.
      >
      > Yes, I had understood that, but I still have to do it manually. It
would not
      > work with the new -a option:
      >
      >       lilybin -a infile.ly outfile.midi
      >
      > will result in a PDF file with the wrong filename extension *.midi
      >
      > But don't worry. I will learn myself a little PHP and will try to
improve
      > such details as a personal learning experience :-)

      I have added an -m option to specify midi file output to the script.
      After this little modification of Sven Axelson's php script, I am now able
      to do:

      lilybin infile.ly
      ---> process infile.ly without downloading from Lilybin server, returns
an ID for download

      lilybin -d ID.pdf
      lilybin -d ID.midi
      ---> download results from Lilybin server

      lilybin -a infile.ly outfile.pdf
      ---> upload infile.ly and save as outfile.pdf

      lilybin -a -m infile.ly outfile.mid
      ---> upload infile.ly and save as outfile.mid

      My main goal was to be able to find a way to work with lilypond files on
      my Android tablet: I have installed termux ( https://termux.com/ ) which
      allows me to install and run python, php, vim (or emacs) and other
      unixtools in a terminal. I have also pip-installed python-ly and have
      copied the lilypond syntax highlighting files for vim to my termux
      installation. Termux also has commands to call a PDF viewer or music
      player from my Android device to view and hear my lilypond scores. All
      this together is enough for me to work on lilypond scores. It's not as
      convenient as Frescobaldi on my Linux and Windows computers, but good
      enough for my purpose :-)

      Thank you all, especially Sven.

      --

      Martin