Re: Adding a brace or bracket to indicate an organ manual change

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Adding a brace or bracket to indicate an organ manual change
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 15:29:50 -0500

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Joe,

There are two snippets in the LSR that could help you:
- http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=466
- http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=957

HTH, cheers,
Pierre

Hello:

May I ask advice on how to insert a brace or bracket in a score to indicate an organ-manual change?

Hardly pretty, but you can do this:

\version "2.19.56"

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff <<
    \key e \major
    \tempo 2 = 52
    \new Voice {
      \voiceOne
      b4 b e'^"Sw" e'
    }
    \new Voice {
      \voiceTwo
      b4 b cis' cis'
    }
    \new Voice {
      \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
      s2
      \hideNotes <cis' a''>4 -\tweak extra-spacing-width #'(-2 . 0) \arpeggio
      s4
    }

  \new Staff <<
    \key e \major
    \clef bass
    \new Voice {
      \voiceOne
      gis4 fis gis gis
    }
    \new Voice {
      \voiceTwo
      e4 dis cis cis
    }
    \new Voice {
      \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
      s2 \hideNotes <cis, gis>4\arpeggio s4
    }

\layout {
  \context {
    \PianoStaff
    connectArpeggios = ##t
    \override Arpeggio.stencil = #ly:arpeggio::brew-chord-bracket

%%%%

I had to tweak the size of the invisible chords to vary the arpeggio size.  Playing with Arpeggio.positions gave me odd results.

HTH,
David