RE: Adding a brace or bracket to indicate an organ manual change

From: Joseph N. Srednicki
Subject: RE: Adding a brace or bracket to indicate an organ manual change
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:11:45 -0400

Thanks for all three replies.

This code works great.

Thanks again.

From: Guy Stalnaker [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:18 PM
To: Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden>; Joseph N. Srednicki <address@hidden>
Cc: lilypond-user <address@hidden>

God I love the Frescobaldi/Lilypond community!

Pierre, just playing around with values in snippet 957 I discovered the two changes to get you what asked for:

<code>
#(define-markup-command (openBracket layout props height) (number?)
  (interpret-markup layout props
    (markup #:line (#:with-dimensions (cons 3 0) (cons 0 0) % Change here to 3 puts bracket hook above SW
      (#:path 0.25
        (list (list (quote moveto) 0 0)
        (list (quote lineto) -1 0)
        (list (quote lineto) -1 (* height -1))
        (list (quote lineto) 0 (* height -1))))))))

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \relative c'' {
    a^\markup { SW }^\markup\openBracket #20 % Change here to get lower bracket hook below staff
    c'
  }
  \new Staff { \clef F c' c' }

</code>

I take these little gifts and make my own useful lilypond snippets folders for future easy reference.

You people are brilliant. Simply amazing. Thanks.

Regards.