Re:

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re:
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 23:15:13 +0200

> You're setting options on the TabStaff while in the Staff context. Since
> there is no TabStaff context at the moment, one is temporarily created. You
> could fix it by setting the properties in a \with {} block on the TabStaff
> insteadd.

Which is the most common way.
To be complete, sometimes it has advantages to use applyOutput:

solo =
  \relative c' {
    \applyOutput TabStaff
      #(lambda (g c1 c2) (ly:context-set-property! c1 'minimumFret 1))
    \applyOutput TabStaff
      #(lambda (g c1 c2) (ly:context-set-property! c1 'restrainOpenStrings #t))

    c8   f e e d c b a
  }

\new Staff \solo

\new TabStaff \solo

Note the settings for _Tab_Staff in 'solo' never affect the standalone Staff.

Cheers,
  Harm