Re: \RemoveEmptyStaves don't work as I would to

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaves don't work as I would to
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:38:44 -0400

Hi,

> Thanks for the lesson (maybe I'll be able to understand it), but still it
> doesn't work…

Below is your original snippet, with the suggested fix.
It doesn’t work for you as you expect? (It certainly does for me.)

Kieren.

\version "2.19.26"
\layout {
 \context {
   \Score
   skipBars = ##t
 }
 \context {
   \Staff
   \RemoveAllEmptyStaves
PartPOneVoiceOne =  \relative g' {
 \clef "treble" \key c \major \numericTimeSignature\time 4/4 g1 | % 2
 g1 \break | % 3
 R1*2 \bar "|."
}

PartPTwoVoiceOne =  \relative b' {
 \clef "treble" \key c \major \numericTimeSignature\time 4/4 R1*2
 \break | % 3
 b1 | % 4
 b1 \bar "|.”
}

% The score definition
\score {
 <<
   \new Staff <<
     \set Staff.instrumentName = "Voce"
     \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Vo."
     \context Staff <<
       \context Voice = "PartPOneVoiceOne" { \PartPOneVoiceOne }

   \new Staff <<
     \set Staff.instrumentName = "Soprano"
     \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "S."
     \context Staff <<
       \context Voice = "PartPTwoVoiceOne" { \PartPTwoVoiceOne }

 }

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden