Open hairpin

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Open hairpin
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 17:21:09 +1100

Is there any way to achieve a hairpin with an open end, so rather than converging to a single point, the hairpin finishes  prematurely, in effect, and vice versa for the other way around? This is useful in some scores I need to engrave where the intermediate dynamics are indicated inline with the hairpin [f > mf > p, say]. I am aware this could be done with a whiteout box, but I am wondering if there is a setting that can be adjusted.

Andrew