Re: Repeat slur?

From: Hendrik Fuß
Subject: Re: Repeat slur?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:38:20 +0000

Dear Jan-Peter and Andrew,

thanks for your feedback. \laissezVibrer comes close, but in the case of a chord, I get a tie for every note of the chord. So it does not look like a slur.

@Andrew: Sorry if my example wasn't clear. My intention was to provide a collection of patterns for accompaniment. My score consists of several sections, separated by double bars. Each section is meant to be used in an improvisatory manner and adapted e.g. to a chord sheet. That means, at each double bar a new piece of music starts. So it's not a regular volta repeat.

Essentially, I need a way to attach a slur to the last note/chord before the double bar, but without the slur extending across the double bar. (Additionally, I'd like to do the same at the start of the section, ie a slur that ends on the first note of a section, but not extending across the bar line.)

I've attached an image to show what I mean – slurs in red. (Hope this works on the list.)
repeatslur.png
cheers
Hendrik