Re: Unusual beaming for piano music

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Unusual beaming for piano music
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 18:46:53 +1100

Hi Juan and Jeffery.

Thank you for taking the time to work on the beaming problem. Yes, the MS shows noteheads with stems attached in the middle, but that is an idiosyncrasy of the composer and one that I expunge in the engraving. The solutions with the note stems centered therefore do not work for me, as when using normal stem positioning in your examples the beams overlap the stem.

I appreciate the tries, close, but no cigar! :-)

Andrew