Re: An 'interpreter' for lilypond

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: An 'interpreter' for lilypond
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 10:50:21 -0500

Son_V,

You want lilybin.com. Enter lilypond code on the left, click Preview to see the engraved score on the right. Enable log to see the lilypond compile output. If there is an error in the lilypond source that results in a Fatal error compile condition, the result is usually a "Communications Error" and NO error log output -- well, in my experience anyway.

The emails you refer to also provided a means by which one can use a command line application like curl to send a .ly document to lilybin.com and get back, in the terminal environment, the .pdf or .midi output.

Martin Tarenskeen was the primar developer of a .php application one can run in a terminal session to do this without running curl at a prompt. I have attached to this email the last version of his lilybin.php script.