Re: Double Bar with Grace Notes Problem

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Double Bar with Grace Notes Problem
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 08:46:17 +0200

Hi Bill,

> The problem is, in this case as shown in the sample below and attached
> image, that a double bar before the grace notes, on the clarinet 1 and 2
>  seems to cause a separate bar line, which also increments the measure
> counter, but only on the score.

[some stuff snipped]
> parts but I am still wondering if it is my ignorance or what seems to me
> to be a bug.
>
> In the attached script, by commenting out the double bar in the
> clarinet2 staff the problem goes away on the conductor’s score but of
> course now the clarinet2 part has a missing double bar.

I think that is a bug.

> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \score{
>   \new GrandStaff <<
>
>     \new Staff = "Clarinet1"
>     {
>       \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Clar1"
>       \time 3/4
>       g''8 r8 g8 r8 r4 |
>       \bar "||"
>       \grace {g'16 ( b'16} d''8 )

Just out of curiosity:
is there a reason why you don't use
        \appoggiatura {g'16 b'16} d''8

>       r8\grace {g'16 ( b'16} d''8 ) r8 r4 |
>     }
>
>     \new Staff = "clarinet2"
>     {
>       \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup { Clar2 }
>       \time 3/4
>       g''8 r8 g8 r8 r4 |
>
>       % -- If I comment out this bar formats OK
>       \bar "||"

Here you could write
        \tag #'singleVoice \bar "||"
and in the conductors score prepend the relevant music with
        \removeWithTag #'singleVoice
while in the single instrument part(s) prepend the music with
        \keepWithTag #'singleVoice
or something along that line.

>       d''8 r8 d''8 r8 r4 |
>     }