Re: Lines or Boxes without reference to score or stave

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Lines or Boxes without reference to score or stave
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 16:02:48 -0500

Thank you for your advice and guidance.

Guy

On 4/6/2017 3:27 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Thu 06 Apr 2017 at 13:24:28 (-0500), Guy Stalnaker wrote:
David,

By placed I simply meant that the creator of the final document has to
incorporate the music into their document using their preferred editing
tool (I don't even know what it is, PageMaker, Publisher, etc.). They are
also not well-verserd in the use of image files, etc. and their
understanding of how dragging object handles affects final clarity is less
than optimal. They know what they know.
Then I think the first thing you have to do is talk to them about
what they're using. Find out what they think the best format is.
Then check it out. If it's a good choice, great. If it's a bad one,
made through their ignorance of the software, you might want to
help educate them into a better choice.

I'm trying to help them understand that my score output can work in their
document with as little (hopefully even NO) modification on their part. One
way is to show them that the music as engraved will "fit" on their pages as
is and having an output file that shows them the boundaries of their page
and margins will help them, hopefully and literally, see that this is so. I
can set modify my output in various sizes, yet all "within the box" and
they can make decisions about which output is best for use (I've actually
created five different output files changing #(set-global-staff-size 12)
for each.
That's good. It might help show them that you can produce output
at any size they want.

Right now I'm giving them PDF. I can as easily give them other image
formats (which I have done in the past) to be incorporated into their
document.
If they can handle that, great. But it would still be nice to supply
images at the approriate size so they don't have to fiddle with that.

Cheers,
David.

--
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of
human existence.”