Re: Staff grouping

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Staff grouping
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 13:18:13 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jérôme Plût" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 12:55 PM
Subject: Staff grouping

Are there any other ways to tune the vertical spacing between staffs
other than the \paper block? What I want is the following: on the same
page,
- first a score A (single-staff, no groups) with successive staffs
  extremely close together (about 2 or 3 staff lines of separation
  should be enough),
- then another score B with successive staffs normally separated. (B
  is a StaffGroup score but that should not change anything to the
  problem).
Ideally the last A staff should also be very close to the first B
line. (In my application, B is a real score and A are blank lines for
comments etc.)

I tried putting two \paper blocks, one before A and one before B, but
it looks like the first one is then ignored. Is there any other way to
do this?

Have a look at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/vertical-spacing

and