Re: What are the units for \hspace?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: What are the units for \hspace?
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 13:32:43 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> Hi All,
>
> It would be great if the documentation could actually state that.

We have
LM 4.3.3 Length and thickness of objects
and
NR 5.4.3 Distances and measurements

Also, I did a quick glance over the available markup-commands, seems
to confirm whats said in the docs.

Not enough?

> The
> average user is not going to be able to cook up that code to probe the size.

Well, the code was meant as sort of proof, checking whether the docs
are outdated.

> I am great believer in reference manuals being terse (e.g. UNIX man pages),
> but they lilypond ones tend to err on the side of being too terse
> altogether.
>
> Andrew

Cheers,
  Harm