Re: Last number on a score; but this is the first in the next one...

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Last number on a score; but this is the first in the next one...
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 08:08:43 -0400

Hi,

Please include tiny compilable examples with your questions.

> Lilypond (using \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#t
> #t #t) ) writes at the end of a score, the number of the next beam, that is
> written at the beginning of the subsequent score; and it writes at the end
> of the last score the number that should be at the beginning of an
> inexistent next score.

e.g.

\version "2.19.43"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override BarNumber.break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)

{ c'1 1 \bar "|.” }

> I don't have at hand "Beyond bars", so I can't say if it's a correct
> behaviour or not. But it seems strange to me IMHO.

It does seem a little strange…

> If not, how to correct this behavior?

Well, I’m not sure it’s worth anyone writing a patch, when it’s a fringe case
(most scores don’t have measure numbers every measure), and easy to turn off:

{ c'1 1 \once \omit Score.BarNumber \bar "|." }

Hope this helps,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info