Re: Key signatures repeated on every staff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Key signatures repeated on every staff
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 16:55:41 -0400

Hi Wol,

> most of the music I see from the turn of last century does NOT.

Does not repeat the key signature? Fascinating! What field/genre are you
working in?

I studied, and now work in the classical (both “old” and “new”), jazz
(instrumental and vocal/choral), and musical theatre worlds, and I would
estimate that more than 99.5% of the scores I’ve ever come across in my entire
life repeat the key signature on every system. (The ones I can remember that
didn’t were a few hand-written jazz charts, and two hand-written musical
theatre scores — even most of the hand-written jazz and MT scores I’ve ever
seen repeat the key signature!)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer