"loose" alignment of lyrics

From: Jonathan Hodgson
Subject: "loose" alignment of lyrics
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 17:08:20 +0100

Hi,

One of the things that attracts me to Lilypond is that I can scale the level of detail to what I need.

Now, sometimes what I need, especially in a first iteration, is a quick chord chart with lyrics.

Looking at the documentation though, it looks like I have to give full timing information for the vocal melody to position it correctly, but if I'm doing a quick chart that's going to be a pain.

What I want to do is just align key bits, say the word at the start of the bar.

Is that possible?

regards

Jon