Re: How to enlarge the size of accidentals in a figured bass ?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: How to enlarge the size of accidentals in a figured bass ?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:25:03 +0100

On Tue, 2017-04-18 at 14:47 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> ;; hmm, how to get figures centered between note, and
>     ;; lone accidentals too?
>
>      ; (if (markup? fig-markup)
>      ;  (set!
>      ;  fig-markup (markup #:translate (cons 1.0 0)
>      ;                     #:center-align fig-markup)))

This part of the code is commented out like this in
translation-functions.scm, but I tried it out, and it improves the
centering over whole-notes but makes it worse over other notes.

I see that  (ly:event-property event 'duration) gives the duration of
the note that the bass figure is on as:

#<Duration 1 >

for a whole note.

so if I could test that I could use that code for this case (and the 1.
case). But here my understanding of Guile's display syntax runs out ...
what sort of a type is ly:event-property returning, and how do I test
for particular values?

Richard