RE: What does everyone want? (2)

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: What does everyone want? (2)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 20:08:33 -0700

Andrew,

Well spoken.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: lilypond-user
[mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of
Andrew Bernard
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:01 PM
To: 'Mirosław Doroszewski' <address@hidden>;
address@hidden

Hello Miroslaw,

Welcome to the lilypond community.

Allow me to say that it is unusual to take up peoples' time with theological
or religious topics on this forum, interesting though they may be. The
principal purpose of the list is for discussion of technical matters related
to engraving with lilypond. If you are seeking discussion, there are
thousands of outlets for your topics on the internet. Here is not really the
right place. No moderator will bar you from here, but pretty soon I imagine
people will filer you out, so any legitimate lilypond questions you have
will become invisible.

As a comment on your post, you should realise that it is a very longstanding
tradition that open source projects are very modest in numbering releases,
compared to commercial companies, and it is not at all surprising that
lilypond should be at major release 2 after a considerable period of time.

Andrew