Re: What does everyone want? (2)

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: What does everyone want? (2)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:31:24 -0500

On Wed 19 Apr 2017 at 13:00:51 (+1000), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Hello Miroslaw,
>
> Welcome to the lilypond community.

I think the OP has been with us a while. To quote:

"4. So, please, make solution and describe it in manual."
and
"6. So, please, describe or make solution: moving lyrics with staff objects."
(2016-12-20)

> Allow me to say that it is unusual to take up peoples' time with theological
> or religious topics on this forum, interesting though they may be. The
> principal purpose of the list is for discussion of technical matters related
> to engraving with lilypond. If you are seeking discussion, there are
> thousands of outlets for your topics on the internet. Here is not really the
> right place. No moderator will bar you from here, but pretty soon I imagine
> people will filer you out, so any legitimate lilypond questions you have will
> become invisible.

I was surprised the paragraphs weren't numbered.

> As a comment on your post, you should realise that it is a very longstanding
> tradition that open source projects are very modest in numbering releases,
> compared to commercial companies, and it is not at all surprising that
> lilypond should be at major release 2 after a considerable period of time.

Yes, hopefully LP won't ever (need to) change quite like Python2→3,
and the Guile1→2 transition might be invisible to most people.

Cheers,
David.