Re:

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re:
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:25:30 +0200

Andrew Bromage <address@hidden> writes:

> G'day.
>
> On 21/4/17 12:16 pm, Andrew Bernard wrote:
>> The other way to discourage the offending behaviour is simply to
>> laugh at him. There is no more powerful thing than Satire! :-)
> We could always keep it on topic and turn the discussion to notating
> church music...

    "Ein Kinderlied, zu singen wider die zween Ertzfeinde Christi und
    seiner heiligen Kirchen, den Bapst und Türcken"

("a child hymn, to sing against those two arch enemies of Christ and his
holy Church, the Pope and the Turks")

The Prætorius 4-choir version is nice.

In other words: church music is contextualized, and the context is
outside of the scope of LilyPond as a music typesetting program and
outside of the scope of this mailing list.  You are proposing that we
let Mirosław Doroszewski's diatribes determine the starting points of
discussion about music typesetting here.

His message of intolerance against other people's choices of topics,
places and propriety is not a useful conversation starter.  We could
equally well let our discussion depend on current football score
results.  There is no shortage of football scores to be had but shaping
our discussion around them seems like a distraction.

--
David Kastrup