Re: Lines to edges of \center-column

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Lines to edges of \center-column
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 16:46:06 -0500

On Sat 22 Apr 2017 at 22:22:30 (+0200), address@hidden wrote:
> Is there some way to make a center-column draw lines from slightly
> outside the text to the edges of the column (see example)?
>
> In this specific case, I have both English and Japanese names for
> stuff, and without those lines, I think it's a bit unclear exactly
> what part the Japanese refers to.

You could just put Unicode box-drawing characters to either side
of the Japanese characters, eg ━ is BOX DRAWINGS HEAVY HORIZONTAL
but there are various weights, and corners etc in the same region
as this one (Hex code point 2501, Decimal code point 9473,
Hex UTF-8 bytes E2 94 81, Octal UTF-8 bytes 342 224 201,
UTF-8 bytes as Latin-1 characters bytes â <94> <81>
)

Cheers,
David.