lilypond duet writing

From: Margaret Voorhaar
Subject: lilypond duet writing
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 21:35:27 -0400

Hi Hans,
Thank-you very much for responding to my first efforts at learning Lilypond.

I am going to take advantage of your kindness and submit my next conundrum to
you.

I have written a flute  melody which is is complete at 32 bars in length. Is it
too late to integrate a second flute part beneath this?

I have tried following the various directives from the youtube tutorials on to
the Lilypond manuals and cannot manage to add an extra line after the fact. Is
this too hard for a beginner such as myself?

Thank-you for taking the time to respond.
:) margaret. Port Stanley, ON, Canada

Here is a bit of the code:

\version "2.18.2-1"
% this to be added to Oogway's assent.