Re: Feedback on cross stave slur

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Feedback on cross stave slur
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:03:09 +1000

Hi Michiel,

The Artaria engraving of about 1819 is freely available at IMSLP. This is very beautifully done, a model of excellence. Possibly better than finding the MS because I suspect it contains many corrections.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_No.29,_Op.106_(Beethoven,_Ludwig_van)

No slur is present over the sequence you referred to.

If I were engraving this work, I would be doing it off this edition. The large amount of 'air' in the edition is something I find very important.

Andrew