Parenthesize bass figures as a whole

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Parenthesize bass figures as a whole
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:45:17 +0200

Hello,

I hope I don't mess up completely, this being my first posting to this list (which I nevertheless often consulted before).

I'm looking for a way to parenthesize Bass figures in such a way that combinations of two or more figures get one single large pair of parentheses. If I parenthesize the BassFigure stencil as seen below, I get almost what I want, but each figure has its own pair of parentheses.

\layout {
  \override Score.BassFigure.stencil = #(lambda (grob) (parenthesize-stencil (ly:text-interface::print grob) 0.1 0.4 0.4 0.1 ))
}
\new FiguredBass \figuremode {
  <6> % great
  <4 2> % gets two small pairs instead of one large
}

Best regards