Re: Center-align a score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Center-align a score
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:08:02 -0400

Hi all,

> I think this request is idiosyncratic enough to be left to a
> two-stage process, some thing along the lines of:

That would work, of course… but I think it would be easier (and better for
long-term maintainability) to do it all in Lilypond, e.g.,

%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.17"

\paper {
  ragged-right = ##t
  indent = 0
}

music = {
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
#'((X-offset . 38))
  \repeat unfold 8 c'' \break
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
#'((X-offset . 33))
  \repeat unfold 12 c'' \break
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
#'((X-offset . 46))
  \repeat unfold 4 c'' \break
  \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
#'((X-offset . 39.5))
  \repeat unfold 8 c'' \break
}

\score { \music }
%%  SNIPPET ENDS

A little trial-and-error is required if doing it manually, but there might be a
way to automate the process.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer