\magnifyMusic omits unison notes from \partcombine?

From: Karlin High
Subject: \magnifyMusic omits unison notes from \partcombine?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 18:54:22 -0700 (MST)

A songwriter looked at my LilyPond job and asked, "Can you make the note
heads bigger in proportion to everything else?" Yes, thanks to
\magnifyMusic, I thought. It's a SATB hymn, I'm using \partcombine, and
apparently \magnifyMusic doesn't pick up the unison notes the way I'm
writing it. Minimal example below, PNG result attached. Magnify is at 1.2
for effect; I'm using 1.1 in practice.

% BEGIN LILYPOND CODE
\version "2.19.59"
one = { a'2 f' }
two = { f'2 f' }
\partcombine #'(2 . 9) \magnifyMusic 1.2 { \one } \magnifyMusic 1.2 { \two }
% END LILYPOND CODE

I've found I need to put \magnifyMusic inside \partcombine, because it seems
to have no effect the other way around. Any ideas for how I could get
\magnifyMusic to catch the unison notes? Or a different way of achieving the
same thing?
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA