LSR search engine improvements

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: LSR search engine improvements
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 19:03:38 +1000

Hi All,

I have been working with the maintainer of the Lilypond Snippet Repository to make a minor but very useful improvement to the custom search engine for LSR.

At the moment, if one searches for a term containing various punctuation symbols commonly used in lilypond functions, namely '#", ":', or '-' the search fails with a hard to understand error message. The engine was not designed to be able to handle this. But because I often want to search for terms such as ly:grob-property the search engine author has agreed to add this capability. For now, adding a '\' in front of those symbols works, e.g. ly\:grob\-property. As this is better tested over time, then the parser will be updated and the need for slash escapes will go away.

As an aside, note that you can actually search for the components with spaces, e.g. 'ly grob property' but this has the disadvantage that many false positives are returned.

I hope other users will find this incremental improvement as useful as I do. Feedback welcome.

Andrew